Welcome to my art blog!

Perhaps you've followed the link from my soon-to-be-defunct Instagram or Facebook accounts to this blog. If so, a heartfelt thanks for your interest and welcome! This will be where I'll share my finished artwork as well as excerpts from my sketchbooks, random art topics, and even perhaps an art supply review here and there, when time and energy permit. Posts may not come frequently, so if you would like an email notification of new blog posts, please just click the 'subscribe' button above.

I decided to leave Instagram and Facebook because I was spending more time scrolling through other people's artwork in my sparest of spare time instead of experiencing the joy of creating it myself. Ever since I was old enough to hold a pencil, I have loved drawing and painting over any other spare-time activity because it's my happy place; it soothes and relaxes me. I lost focus of that when I basically substituted the joy of making art with unconsciously trying to live vicariously through others' experiences and artwork. Distraction, coupled with a degree of pressure and sensory overload (especially in connection with business) are additional challenges from social media that I don't need or want. So, for me, it was time to make a break. A fellow artist and friend, formerly on Instagram, shared an enlightening post about an artist's decision for leaving social media which echos my sentiments. Reading this was the final push in making the decision.

Thank you so much for taking the time to connect with me through my blog. :) Feel free to share the links to your art pages/blogs as well, as I would enjoy keeping in touch that way.

Comments

  1. Good to be here.. Enjoy seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is absolutely delightful! I'm so glad you shared your link. I can't wait to spend time reading your posts here. I am super excited for you and your decision about social media. I hope you are experiencing the same joy and freedom as I am.
    Have a beautiful day!
    Aneta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Aneta. Yes, I'm really enjoying being social media free. I also feel like I'm starting to get back into my art-making groove again. YAY!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad I can follow you here.

    ~Beckie~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I just read Julia's commentary about social media and how it affects artists. I realize now it can have the same affects on writers and other makers and creators, not to mention those just using it as a distraction. I'm so glad you shared this, because her observations solidify for me my own reasons for gradually drawing away from the fluff side of social media usage. I understand much better your reasons for disconnecting from IG and FB and support you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be looking forward to these posts, always love seeing what you create. Happy social media freedom! It's wonderful here! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My darling friend, thank you so much for your continued support and kindness through everything. I love sharing! HUGS XO

      Delete

Post a Comment